Hear about various routes in to working in the creative sector
TOP TIPS ON STARTING OUT
- Having a portfolio of personal projects can be really helpful when applying for jobs. It gives you lots of examples to talk about
- You don't need an arts background to work at a gallery. All experience is relevant
- Lots of galleries and museums offer paid internships - so keep your eyes out for those! They can be a good way to gain experience and see if you like something before committing to a full-time job
- Don't be afraid to ask for help when you're starting out. It's good to ask questions
- Network with your friends and peers. You might already have the perfect contact and you never know where everyone will end up!
- Lots of roles have the same job title but are actually different positions. This can be confusing so make sure you read the job description too
- Apply! You never know ...
1 column - centre
You might like
Columns to display:
Art & Artists
Video or Audio Has Explicit Content:
Show Paragraph Numbers?: