Wysing Arts Centre & Kettle’s Yard
Wysing Arts Centre provides alternative environments and structures for artistic research, experimentation, discovery and production, out of which emerges an ongoing programme of exhibitions, public events, family and schools activity. A large rural site near Cambridge it includes a gallery, education and new media facilities, artists' studios, project spaces and a 17th century farmhouse.
Kettle's Yard was the home of Jim and Helen Ede between 1958 and 1973. Over the years they gathered a remarkable collection, including paintings by Ben and Winifred Nicholson, Alfred Wallis, Christopher Wood, David Jones and Joan Miro, as well as sculptures by Henri Gaudier-Brzeska, Constantin Brancusi, Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth. In 1966 the house and its contents were given to the University of Cambridge and later an exhibition gallery was added.
Circuit is a group of 18-25 year olds who work on creative events and projects across Kettle’s Yard and Wysing Arts Centre.