Entry is free for everyone but timed tickets are currently required for all visitors including Members, Patrons and supporters.
Exhibition entry is paid and requires a timed ticket:
- Visitors with a disability pay a concessionary rate, and entrance for companions is free
- Visitors aged 16–25 can join Tate Collective to access £5 exhibition tickets
- Up to four children aged 11 and under go free per parent or guardian
- £5 family child tickets are available for children aged 12–18 years
For more information see our Booking and Ticketing FAQs.
Tate Modern is currently operating one-way routes to ensure the safety of all visitors, colleagues and volunteers.
All one-way routes have step free access and entry is via the Turbine Hall ramp and exit via Level 1. Visitors may need to queue at various points in the building to ensure social distance can be maintained. If you are unable to queue, please speak to a member of the team.
Bag size policy
Our cloakroom is currently closed, please avoid bringing bulky coats or bags to the gallery.
For reasons of safety and security the following are not permitted:
- bags larger than cabin bag size (55cm x 40cm x 20cm)
- sports or recreational equipment (musical instruments)
- large wheelie bags or boxes
- foldable bicycles, large skateboards and child or adult scooters
Southwark (Jubilee Line, 600 metres approx
Blackfriars: District and Circle Line, 800 metres approx
St Paul's: Central Line, 1,100 metres approx.
Routes 45, 63 and 100 stop on Blackfriars Bridge Road
Route 381 stop on Southwark Street
Route 344 stops on Southwark Bridge Road
Blackfriars 300 metres from the South exit; 800 metres from the North exit.
London Bridge 1,100 metres approx.
Cycle Hire Docking Stations are located on New Globe Street and Southwark Street.
A drop off / pick up point is situated on Holland Street, just outside the main entrance.
There are no parking facilities at Tate Modern or in the surrounding streets. Public transport is the easiest way of getting to the gallery.
A drop off / pick up point is situated on Southwark Street, a short walk from the main entrance.